Thursday, June 6, 2013

2 Hour Presentation Inspiration

For my 2 hour I knew I really wanted to do something that would hopefully be memorable, so I started thinking of all different events or galleries I have attended that have left a huge impact on me. I immediately thought of the Museum of Tolerance because they really gave you the feel of what it is like to live during the Holocaust which made the topic more understandable and way more connectable. However, I didn't really know how I would pull this off, but just by chance I one day while I was volunteering at the URM I got to attend an art gallery on the homeless living on Skid Row. I fell in love with the way the gallery was set up as one huge room constructed out of cardboard and sheet metal. Also, the room had no roof and I thought this really added to the feel of living on the streets because we got to see the whole gallery under the stars. (See Second Thursday Blog Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment